It is 2018, but lets go Back
Wow can you believe it is already 2018?! The Pearce Family Foundation will be coming up to our 5th birthday (of being founded in July 2013). What was an idea of sorts to “create a foundation” actually became a reality. In conclusion to the people who believed in our cause.
A few name changes of the grant programs and figuring out what works regarding bill payments we are finally at a point where it just, works. I remember having a lot of gut feelings where I wasn’t sure if something was going to happen and miraculously it just did. I wanted to do a little #tbt of where we first started to where we are now….
- Zebulon Pearce Monument- never having built a statue before or knowing where to begin this was for sure a challenge. The City of Mesa gave me the go ahead and then it was on to find an artist who wasn’t going to charge a nonprofit hundreds and thousands of dollars. Thankfully Jeff Carol Davenport came into my life and after receiving permission from Pete Coors himself that we could use their trademarked logo we were ready to build. Raising almost $40,000, we now have a statue of a legend. Zebulon Pearce the founder of our family’s success and why Coors beer came to the Southwest.
- Angels Around Us Grant was born- since PFF has started we have helped 70 families. Assisting with bills ranging from; car transmission payments, mortgage/rent, utilities, new furniture, and even service dogs. Donating out $55,989 since we have started!
Events We Hosted:
- Brew Something that Matters- beer taping party we hosted at O.H.S.O. Brewery twoyears in a row. Together raised about $15,000
- Hula’s Modern Tiki Charity of the Month during June 2014, we raised over $3,000 in just 4 days. On every Monday 20% of bill would come back to PFF. In addition to the donation from the restaurant we hosted a variety of events each week! The image below is of Randall Hedden after he painted a beautiful painting of an angel.
- National Bikini Day Party at Shop Pepper in Old Town- F0od trucks, bikinis by GreenLee Swim and drinks during a hot summer day!
- Clays for a Cause- First annual sporting clay tournament, raised over $13,000 our first year
- Spring Bark- To kick off this year we decided to host a dog friendly event at Boulder Falls Pet Resort and raised over $5,000.
- Runway of Hope- Hosted at the Coors beer warehouse in downtown Phoenix the event proved you can hold a fashion show anywhere. A variety of local boutiques from around the Valley walked the runway and helped raise over $17,000!
While, I could keep going on and on about all of the events we have hosted or been beneficiary recipients of I won’t.
Due to the success we have had by the past events we wanted to host more. We have had three more Clays for a Cause events, two more fashion shows, a yoga event, two Kendra Scott jewelry parties, a barre3 event, a few holiday parties and three toy drives. Dang we are busy 😉
Thank you for your endless support and we are excited to see what 2018 holds for us